This post is a part of continuing series on the Censored Newspaper Articles (CNAs).
On January 17, 1948, an article about the move of the Atomic Bomb Casualty Commission lab was submitted to the Civil Censorship Detachment (CCD) by Yomiuri Shimbun. The article was suppressed, but no explanation for censorship was given by the CCD examiner. According to the article, the lab moved from Nisseki Hospital to the Asano Library for more space and, “to make a new start as an edifice of atomic researches with equipments improved.” (Please note that the Prange Collection also has the galley proof of the original Yomiuri Shimbun article in Japanese. The electronic version of the article is only available onsite in the Prange Collection.)